Symptoms of infertility in men can be completely invisible, however, the inability to conceive a strong sex occurs almost as often as women. On the advice of doctors, after repeated unsuccessful attempts to conceive a child during the year must be checked to identify the causes and subsequent elimination. Often, the first doctor turns to the woman. Making sure that her reproductive system in order and ready to conceive a baby, the question arises against the partner. Let us consider the issue of male infertility as well as possible signs of this disease.
Male factor infertility
Infertility in men is congenital in nature or acquired. In the first case, this factor is usually attributed to various defects of the testes, such as cryptorchidism and hypogonadism or disorders in the development of the urethra, resulting in diagnosed hypospadias and stricture. Congenital abnormalities associated with the absence of the testes or other serious defects are not amenable to treatment.
The causes of acquired inability to fertilize a lot, most often the problem occurs after an illness, let us consider:
- of sexually transmitted diseases: chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, and others;
- infectious diseases: mumps, brucellosis, typhoid fever.
- endocrine disorders, leading to the deaths of sperm and failure of the testes to produce the new;
- inflammation: urethritis, prostatitis, reducing the sperm motility;
- varicocele – is accompanied by dilatation and increased temperature in the testicles, leading to damage and death of the seed;
- inflammation of the prostate and ureters;
- sexual symptoms: premature ejaculation, lack of erection or insufficient;
- tumors in the testicles, in violation of potency;
- chemical factor is the inhalation of chemical vapors.
Less common causes include:
- reduced immunity;
- medication and steroids;
- active sports;
- tight underwear;
- frequent visits to the baths and saunas;
- stressful situations and emotional overload;
- wrong way of life.
It is also important to note the psychological factor. Some men develop infertility on the psychological level. The reason for this may be fear of responsibility, fear of living up to expectations or subconscious reluctance to have children.
Signs of infertility in men
Signs of male infertility is often blurred or non-existent. The main symptom is the lack of a wanted pregnancy in a healthy partner during regular intercourse throughout the year.
Thus the man will feel healthy and not know the problems with potency. In some cases, the symptoms are still there and they can be directly related to infertility:
- Infections, sexually transmitted often accompanied by itching and problem with urination.
- A congenital abnormality manifested cryptorchidism absence of one or two testicles in the scrotum, which, in turn, looks to the end of a developed or asymmetric. Sometimes marked nagging pain in the abdomen.
- When a varicocele on the 2nd and 3rd stages of the disease may be a nagging pain and a feeling of heaviness in the scrotum, discomfort during walking, also visible dilated veins.
- Provoke hormonal abnormalities: obesity, swelling of the breast and underdeveloped testicles.
- A condition in which men have no sperm.
Indirect symptoms include:
- erectile dysfunction;
- a small amount of semen released during ejaculation;
- delay or inability to achieve orgasm;
- pain during intimacy;
- discomfort and pain in the testicles and the scrotum;
- frequent headaches.
Importantly, some diseases that lead to infertility, do not have symptoms. Among these: infectious disease type of mumps and typhoid fever, diseases of an autoimmune nature, genetic abnormalities and hormonal disturbances.
With the aim of identifying the causes of infertility in men needs to be examined, comprising:
- History – collecting information about the patient: his lifestyle, bad habits, diseases, disturbing symptoms, conditions, medications, the presence of problems of a sexual nature and surgery.
- A General survey, during which the physician inspects the external genitalia to identify anomalies, tumors and inflammatory processes, and also draws attention to the external signs of physical development: body, skin, character body hair.
- Semen analysis – laboratory examination of semen for assessing the amount, color, odor, viscosity, count, motility, vitality and more.
When testimony is more detailed examination, including ultrasound of the scrotum, a blood test for hormones determination, genetic studies, testicular biopsy, urine analysis after ejaculation, x-ray examination during which contrast medium injected.
Prevention of male infertility
Sooner or later, almost every man wants to be a dad, so you need to take care of men's health and preventive measures to increase the chances of conceiving a child:
- Since childhood you must see a urologist and try to protect themselves from infectious diseases.
- Exercise and do daily exercise.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle – refrain from Smoking and not abuse alcohol.
- Do not wear tight underwear and clothing.
- Don't overdo saunas and baths – overheating is undesirable.
- Full eat – in the diet should be enough protein, vitamins and saturated fatty acids. Eat more fish, meat, fruits, vegetables, nuts, herbs and refrain from fast food.
- Keep a regular sex life, but avoid promiscuity without protection.
- Adhering to a good sleep and rest.
- Try to avoid stressful situations and emotional overload.
- Avoid exposure to chemicals and toxins on the body.
Male infertility is most often not an independent pathology, but a consequence of infection, inflammation, poor lifestyle and other reasons. In most cases, the inability to conceive does not manifest symptoms, the most important feature – the absence of pregnancy of the female partner during regular intercourse and the absence of disease it preventing conception.
In other situations, the symptoms depend on the causes of the disease and manifests as problems with urination, drawing pains in the testicles, headaches, a feeling of heaviness in the testicles, problems with erection, discomfort and pain during sexual intercourse. In such cases it is necessary to consult a doctor and undergo a complete examination.