Modern science, like ancient, may not always accurately determine the causes of certain disorders. Peyronie's disease – of the remaining for her a mystery. It shows visible curvature of the penis and its associated complications in men.
But what is the nature of the emerging foci of fibrous tissue, until the install failed. Expect high effectiveness of therapy in the absence of data on the causes of pathology is not necessary, although in most cases the treatment gives a satisfactory result.
Peyronie's disease – what is it?
The essence of the disease, named after the doctor who first gave a systematic description of the symptoms of Peyronie's disease, reduced proliferation of the connective tissue fibers within the tunica of the penis.
They cause interference with filling of blood the corpora cavernosa during erection in men, and give the penis an irregular shape. The defect is clearly visible only in erect state.
Currently, the real causes of disease are not found. At first, the medicine is inclined to its hormonal nature, but sometimes the reason becomes autoimmune reaction.
Among the main factors:
- microtrauma – obtained by rough sexual intercourse, excess friction due to lack of lubrication, use of unauthorized accessories in friction;
- fracture penis – a rare phenomenon that affects men who have sex intensively, or with incomplete erection;
- autoimmune process attack the protective bodies in protein tissue;
- angiopathy of various origins, including atherosclerosis and deep vein thrombosis;
- metabolic diseases – gout, diabetes;
- a deficiency of vitamins A and E as responsible for the proper formation of connective and superficial tissues;
- traumatic intervention on the organ in history – treatment injections, surgical intervention, introduction into the urethra foreign objects, including a catheter;
- other congenital or acquired abnormalities of the connective tissue – scleroderma, myopathies, contracture (Dupuytren's disease). Amid such causes fibroid growth penis often be accompanying the main process symptom.
In some cases, the recurrence of Peyronie's disease correlation with the irregular level of "wakefulness hormone" serotonin.
Stage of Peyronie's disease in men
Once emerged for any of these reasons, the seals and bands under the skin are formed over the next year or two. This is called acute stage of the process, the marked increase of his symptoms. Then the size, hardness and number of tumors stabiliziruemost and continue until the end of life of the patient. This stage is called chronic. A new injury in the acute period becomes increasing the symptoms.
Diagnosis: symptoms and signs
Subjective symptoms of Peyronie are painless, movable seals under intact skin. Erection becomes difficult because of the pressure, tightening and pain in the places of their occurrence. Outwardly, it looks like changing the shape of the penis in any possible direction, depending on the location of the defect.
Diagnosis men with the help of cavernosography, as well the detection of pathological formations inside the cavernous bodies, urology, hopes has not justified. Now the main methods of detection of plaques and evaluation to develop further tactics of treatment are:
As the main symptom of urologists consider the state of the penis when excited. About how in practice looks like Peyronie's disease, photos men, given below as an example shows that the curvature can be observed in the upward direction (most often). Also the body can be directed left, right and even down. Less likely to have the abnormal shape in the form of shape, "hourglass", "bottle necks", etc.
Fibrous growths under the skin needs to be able to distinguish from cancer, as it occurs much more frequently. For differential diagnosis to send the doctor a photo is not enough – mandatory personal appearance at the reception.
Individuals diagnosed with hereditary Peyronie's disease, treatment is often not required. In their case, changes in the shape of a small, obscure sex feeling weak. Expansion of traumatic nature, by contrast, tend to progress.
The main difficulty with the treatment of this deviation lies in its poorly understood causes. There are additional difficulties in the form of threats of a relapse or increase of symptoms after treatment.
This is possible with surgical removal of tumors, local injections, which stop the synthesis of collagen or sepsis remedies.
Drug therapy in men is used only in the acute stage. The reason is that she rarely gives significant results when the process has become chronic. Optimal here are the drugs that do not require the introduction of a prick (at least locally).
The treatment is carried out:
- complex with vitamins A and E to normalize the updates and growth of the connective tissues of the whole body;
- amino benzoate potassium and colchicine is contributing to the destruction of "extra" tissue. First ordered to drink 12 g per day, for any number of techniques. The second applies only in combination with vitamin E, 2 mg per day;
- An antagonist of estrogens, commonly used to combat tumors with hormonal failure (including men). To cure Peyronie's disease, it is prescribed 20 mg every 12 h, for 3 months.
Twice in 24 hours you can drink and amino acid with stimulating sugar metabolism effect. Suffering from autoimmune "version" of men also prescribe corticosteroids local injections of hydrocortisone or ointment with it. With a weak immune system pathology may be provoked by chronic sepsis. Looks more appropriate then a local injection of interferon – antiviral proteins.
At home can and should conduct some facilitate, the patient's condition and improves circulation procedures:
- massage is not forbidden, if it's erotic and "will go smoothly" in a healthy sex;
- applying ointments – in particular, the heparin. Heparin is a direct anticoagulant. If Peyronie's disease in men, it is advisable to include in therapy when squeezing the cords/plaques large trunks, filling the member of blood;
- steaming is also unable to rid himself of the defect, but improves blood flow to the body and contributes to normal erections. Soar genitals preferred sitting in the bath. More than 20 minutes is usually not required.
Ongoing inpatient procedures more often in the treatment of Peyronie's disease conducted extracorporeal shock wave therapy and electrophoresis. Standard scope UHT – crushing of kidney stones. However, once it was accidentally marked its positive impact on the texture of calcifications within a member in men. Electrophoresis is usually carried out with lydasum, but used another breaks down the connective fibres the enzyme chymotrypsin.
The essence consists in the surgical removal of the foreign formations with the subsequent establishment of the prosthesis remote parts of the fragment the body's own tissues. The main advantage of the operation – one hundred percent guarantee of restoring the shape of the body and erection. But the disadvantages include:
- a high probability of relapse taking into account of his injuries;
- the common size reduction due to scarring.
On the other hand, some "minus" at the centimeters of the length of the organ compensate for implants.
Healers have no money, can seriously affect the course or symptoms of the pathology and treatment of Peyronie's disease at home can only run it. If at the initial stage have a chance to do without surgery, a fascination with disguise symptoms techniques make surgery inevitable.
Conventionally, the only alternative method of dealing with it is hirudotherapy – the use of leeches or ointment/cream with their extract. Their saliva contains an anticoagulant hirudin.
"Experts" also claim that Peyronie's disease man can help regular use of garlic in shock (over 5 Zubkov per day) doses. But cases when the patient has cured himself of tumors it is not fixed, although the use of this spice really helps with many urological and digestive disorders.
Pseudo-methods for the treatment of Peyronie's disease threat even more hope for the "resorption" of the subcutaneous fibrous nodules under the action of the herbs or massage. Similar to the "miraculous" effect of garlic way it sounds and the myth that the origin and progress of the curvature is greatly affected by the consumption of alcohol, including low alcohol drinks and beer.
Alcoholism does lead to massive disorders of the blood and heart, liver, CNS, blood vessels. However, moderate alcohol drinking is associated with Peyronie's disease is only one aspect – the increased risk of injury in a "drunken" sex. The rest of the ethanol even helps to restore the fullness of the cavernous bodies and serves as a light analgesic with unpleasant sensations.
Some patients also believe that to straighten affected by the curvature of the organ that assists extender – a simple placebo device sold in many versions in the Internet. It is equally traumatic and inefficient for any use – with the aim to increase healthy penis or to "straighten out" affected by Peyronie's disease. In the first case, he can provoke tears forming organ tissues, in the latter the use of the extender especially contraindicated.
Another myth on the subject able to cure Peyronie's disease for own drugs series ASD (activator-stimulator Dorogova). Most "healers" suggest ASD fraction 3. This veterinary preparation on the basis of bone ash. The use of ASD inside people ends with erosions of the stomach and duodenum. On the skin it has the same local irritant action.
Peyronie's disease: complications, negative effects
Further development of the structures and their dangerous plaques solidification and the secondary impotence due to complications. The most common among them:
- the sustainable development of pain and the disappearance of the desire for proximity;
- compression of the vessels that supply blood to the corpus cavernosum and, consequently, decrease/loss of erection.
How pathology affects sex?
In the acute stage of Peyronie's disease changes in body shape may not cause serious interference have sex. As her chronic symptoms stabiliziruemost, but the intimate life of men is complicated or impossible if the tumor overlaps with part of the vessels supplying the cavernous body with blood.
As of Peyronie's disease include girls and women?
The attitude found in a sexual partner pathology is an individual matter. But in General, women perceive the deviation of the shape and size of the male penis is not as painful as its owners. In the presence of strong feelings they are able to put up with the inevitable consequences of the disease.
How to behave to his wife?
With the development of the husband of Peyronie's disease wives should refrain from hints and statements, is able to exacerbate the severe mental condition of the patient. Be sure to dissuade him from the idea of Peyronie's disease at home, people's means, to convince to address to the urologist. It should be remembered that the operation is currently the only effective (though not without consequences) way of getting rid of "new" formations.